My friend, Tarotist and artist Arnell Ando, along with her husband, Michael McAteer, will be leading a 14 day Tarot and History Tour to Northern Italy this fall (September 26th through October 10th), Inspired by the late Brian Williams the tour will include the following:
* A private viewing of the original Visconti-Sforza Tarot cards at the Accademia Carrara.
* Traveling around Milan to see Tarocchi frescos depicting Tarot’s early emergence in Renaissance Italy.
* Viewing an ancient astrological clock (ca 1583), and the Dance of the Dead fresco.
* A truly memora ble visit to Osvaldo Menegazzi’s magical Tarot shop il Meneghello.
* A visit to the Visconti/Sforza castle.
* A visit to Milan;s grand Gothis Cathedral and the famous Plaza Galleria Vittorio Emanuele. (Arnell is also whispering something about a cool Milanese esoteric shop!)
* Visits to the frescos of Palazzo Schifanola. and the amazing artowrks of the Duomo museum of Ferrata.
* Basilica di St, Pedronio (which has art with early Tarot symbolism).
* An ancient Isis temple with ties to Jerusalem.
* A 500 year olf Madonna mummy.
* The Amazing Museo del Tarocchi (created by tour guide Morena Poltronieri!).
* The ultimate Tarot destination – tghe Tarot Garden of Niki de Saint Phalle!
* A special garden party at the Tarot museum hosted by Morena Poltronieri!
* Visits to the cities of Siena and Florence.
I will bring you more exact information (such as where to sign up!) as Arnell puts it up! What a tour this is going to be! The tour will include all hotel accommodations, all breakfasts, transportation within Italy (private tour bus), scheduled events and tour fees, and all but two dinners.
© 2000 – 2013 Bonnie Cehovet
All material on this site is copyright by Bonnie Cehovet, and may not be reproduced in any format without written permission.