Justice/High Priestess (Papess)
The theme for a 11/2 lifetime is bringing life into a sense of balance through the analyzing and synthesizing of ideas. Learning to trust in yourself, your intuition, and your psychic abilities.
Justice and the High Priestess (Papess) represent form the gateway into an 11/2 lifetime. Justice (ruled by the planet Libra) places focus on harmony, understanding others, and finding a sense of balance in life. Libra is by nature active and social, with the need to balance between nurturing self and helping others.
The High Priestess (Papess) is ruled by the Moon, which places focus on our inner selves, our inner needs, intuition, unconscious, and psychic abilities. Here we are looking at reacting, rather than taking action. The nature here is a passive one.
The path that the individual walks is one that addresses bringing a sense of balance to life through analyzing and synchronizing ideas.
The High Priestess (Papess): The Moon
Justice: the need to bring balance, past lessons, debts paid, success in legal matters, refusal to recognize the need for balancing, past debts not addressed
The High Priestess (Papess): intuition, knowledge, in tune with inner self, connection with the feminine mysteries, anima (female sense of self), psychic ability, connection with dreamtime, lacking intuition, blocking information, negative nature, coldness, insincerity
How Does An 11/2 Individual Empower Themselves?
Personal empowerment is the ability to focus our personal and spiritual energy in a manner that enhances how we experience our life. As we define our true power, we actualize out potential and begin to live life from a core of inner confidence.
In empowering ourselves, we set the conditions so that we can:
* Find our inner voice … who we are as an individual.
* Take charge of making our own decisions … not allowing other people’s wishes/needs to over-ride our own.
* Understand why we are dissatisfied with our life, and determine what will give us a feeling of satisfaction.
* Take control of our life … make the impact that we wish to make on the world/
* Integrate ourselves within our local and global communities.
* Be proud to be the person behind the mechanics of our own life.
* Know that we have the power to manifest our own lives … in any area that we wish to manifest in.
* Make life transitions easily.
We are whatever we tell ourselves we are. If we don’t understand why we are making the decisions that we are making, if we find that our decisions/actions are not making us happy, that they are not taking us where we want to go, then we have a disconnect somewhere. Our Birth Cards help us to understand the landscape of each lifetime, to focus on what is important, to understand where our focus needs to be, and to understand what internal resources we have to draw from.
Questions to ask ourselves focusing on Justice:
* What is out of balance in your life?
* Where do you need to receive justice?
* Where do you need to make amends and bring about justice?
* What decisions are you currently making?
* Are you seeing the pros and cons clearly?
* What are the possible consequences of your actions?
Questions to ask ourselves focusing on the High Priestess (Papess):
* What wisdom are you seeking at this time?
* Where are you in the cycle of life?
* How connected are you with dreamtime?
* Where do you seek your answers?
Justice is all about balance, and the ability to make decisions. When we focus on Justice for the basis for our affirmation. We want to keep this in mind. Sample affirmations for Justice are:
* All of my decisions are authentic to who I am, and to what I believe.
* I bring balance into my life easily and effortlessly.
* I expect to give justice with grace, as well as to accept it with same.
* I balance the pros and cons of each decision that I make,
* I try to see all sides of each issue/situation that I am faced with.
* Justice is a process that applies to me as well as others.
* I am held accountable for my thoughts and my actions.
* I set the foundation for my future with my present decisions and actions.
* I understand the difference between justice and revenge, and choose to seek justice.
The High Priestess is all about feminine mysteries, dreamtime, and connection with our intuitive/psychic abilities. Sample affirmations for the High Priestess (Papess) are:
*The wisdom that I seek is to be found within me.
* I use good judgment in all things.
* I honor the wisdom that comes tome in dreamtime.
* I experience a strong connection with the Divine.
* I pay attention to and honor the voice within me.
* I easily understand the wisdom coming to me.
* I place the wisdom that comes to me actively in my life.
* I remember my dreams with ease.
* My intuition guides me in challenging situations.
* I use my insights in all areas of my life to make better decisions and take more appropriate actions.
Gifts: balance without prejudice, ability to adjust quickly, ability to fair decisions, making amends, being true to one’s own beliefs
Abilities: to be able to bring a sense of balance to life
Challenges: not accepting responsibility for the consequences of your actions, making decisions without looking at all of the factors, being illogical, being disconnected from your higher self
High Priestess (Papess):
Gifts: connect with intuition/psychic ability, connection to the feminine mysteries, aligning with the cycles of life, accepting/believing in your own intuition
Abilities: working with hidden wisdom
Challenges: spending too much time in the mental realm, inability to listen to or accept intuition, fear of the unconscious/unknown, acting in a superficial manner
Template For Working With Gifts/Abilities/Challenges:
* Define the area or issue being worked with.
* Define which Birth Card energies are involved.
* Define where on the spectrum of the Birth Card the energy is manifesting. (Very positive to very negative.)
* Define whether the energy is being manifested, blocked, or simply not being recognized.
* Define what type of energy is needed to bring the Seeker back into balance.
* Looking at both of the Seeker’s Birth Cards, determine which gifts/abilities can best be used to return the Seeker to a balanced state.
In an 11/2 lifetime, Justice and the High Priestess (Papess) act together to help you find the truth in your life. Justice asks that you slow down, that you take your time with the decisions that you need to make. With Justice there is a need to find where your balance point is, where you will find harmony in your life. The High Priestess (Papess) asks that you listen to your inner wisdom, that your decisions be based on a deep inner knowing.
Justice asks that we accept responsibility for our thoughts and actions, and for the consequences of same. With Justice we see the process that got us where we are, and are able to bring a balance to our conscious and unconscious thoughts. The High Priestess (Papess) asks that we turn inward for our answers, that we align ourselves with spirit.
In this lifetime, information is processed. Justice does so in an active manner, gathering information, then discarding everything not connected to the core issue. Everything must be brought out into the light of day, in the name of bringing a sense of balance to the Seeker. Justice can appear as a very abrupt archetype, stating its case in no uncertain terms. The scales of justice and the sword of truth leave no room for compromise.
The High Priestess (Papess) takes a more passive, internal path to the truth. Her voice is the silent voice of spirit … a voice that is like an all pervasive mist that surrounds the Seeker. The High Priestess (Papess) looks for truth through spirit. She is attuned to the natural rhythms of life.
Note: Scans are from the Tarot Lovers Tarot (Karyn Easton, Schiffer Books, 2013).
(c) 2000 – 2014 Bonnie Cehovet
Reproduction prohibited without written permission from the author.